Friday, October 31, 2014

More Decoupaged Tatting Shuttles


Just finished decoupaging more shuttles from my stash. Had not realized I'd accumulated so many...and these are just the ones not attached to unfinished projects or shuttles that I want to keep in their original condition (such as, English Aeros, bone shuttle, wood shuttles). After embellishing several types of plastic shuttles, I've decided that the Sunlits are my favorite to decoupage because it's easier to cut around their pointy ends. The Clovers have a curved pointed end that is trickier to trim around neatly. And those with the metal hooks require a bit of finessing around where the plastic and the metal connect. I also decided that I prefer doing 4 coats of Mod Podge. I think it gives a really good seal around the edges to keep the paper from separating from the plastic. Of course, the real test will be as I use them over time. But it will be a snap to repair them if there are any problems.

I think this will be it for decoupaging shuttles for a while. Now I need to find other stuff to cover with origami paper and Mod Podge...

2 comments:

tattrldy said...

The shuttle look very good. Nice job on them!

Madtatter80 said...

Now I feel very guilty I got everything and have not started! :) They look great!