Monday, January 11, 2016

Fun with Mod Podge: Decoupaged Stool


This stool began life as a boring wooden oak stool which I later painted orange enamel because my kitchen has a lot of orange accents -- orange bowls, orange KitchenAid mixer --along with dark mustard walls and window valences. After a while I got tired of the color, and besides, it was looking a bit scratched and in need of a new coat of paint. 

This time I decided on shiny black enamel as a backdrop for a packet of flower stamps I bought many years (30? 40?) ago at a museum shop in DC for, according to the package, the big sum of $2. 

This is the result after many coats of Mod Podge Gloss and Outdoor Mod Podge. To add more protection and gloss, I've also finished with a couple of coats of Martha Stewart High Gloss Finish. Maybe all this is a bit of overkill, but I'm hoping that the final result is extremely durable so no future changes will be necessary.



1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

I have a bunch of little stamps and I should try this, this is great inspiration, glad to visit and see what you have been up to!