Sunday, June 6, 2010

January 2010, finds me, avid (some might say, obsessive) fiber crafter (knitting, tatting, crochet, weaving, etc.), laid off after 25 year career, taking early retirement, living on greatly reduced income.

Every crafter I know who works with yarn or thread has her stash...that accumulation of materials that were bought on impulse with no particular project in mind, that ball of yarn from the closeout bin, that really odd, but interesting stuff from the mill outlet. Now that I have more time than cash, the solution is to shop my stash. I'm starting with more than a dozen big plastic storage bins. My goal is to declutter and use up as much of the stuff in the bins as possible while indulging my creative urges.

This blog is my chronicle of the progress and, I hope, success of a major stash busting year.

No comments: