Sunday, January 7, 2018

Pink Pussycat Hats

In preparation for the Women's March in Raleigh on January 20, I've been knitting pink pussycat hats for my sister, daughter, and me.

The yarn is just some odd balls of acrylic that I had on hand. The labels were long gone, but I suspect the solid pink might be a Bernat brand yarn that I bought for charity knitting.




And I'm pretty sure the pink ombre is a James C. Brett's "Marble" yarn, but I don't know what colorway it is. 



Since this was meant to be a quickie project, I didn't want to use a pattern that required much work. After searching through Ravelry, I found Louise Santa Ana's free pattern, "Pussy Hat in the Round", which requires no sewing other than weaving in yarn tails and a 3-needle bind off. There are quite a few pink pussycat hat patterns on the Web, but I don't think you'd find a simpler, quicker one to knit up. And it doesn't take much yarn; in fact, I got 2 hats from the the full skein of the James C. Brett yarn. 

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

Super cute you did great🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹