Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Off the Needles: Scarf with Colorful Tufts

Continuing to work through my stash of odd balls of yarn, I made this scarf out of one ball of Premier Yarns' "Flowers" in colorway "Spring Bouquet." The yarn is a mix of 88% acrylic and 12% wool. The colorful tufts are carried along on a separate strand that is wound around the thicker strand. I'm not sure why I only bought one skein; maybe it was to just try it out to see if I'd like it in a project.


I knitted the piece in a simple K1P1 rib until I ran out of yarn. I'm disappointed that the scarf came out a lot smaller than I'd hoped. The finished size is 5.5" by 28.5"...too small for an adult-size scarf. I'll probably put it in the charity projects collection in the hope that some child will love wearing it.


3 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

Oh this would look so cute on a little girl and looks like it was fun to make. I do that too (just buy one of something and wish I could have or should have bought more. :)

Jane McLellan said...

Join the ends to turn it into a cowl. It’s pretty and fun.

Carolyn Kotlas said...

Good idea, Jane!