Friday, June 19, 2015

Off the Shuttle: Another Tatted Boutonniere


My sister-in-law saw me wearing one of the tatted boutonnieres that I made a couple of years ago and since she admired it so much, I told her I would tat one for her. The pattern is "Carnation Boutonniere" from New Things Happen to Tatting, Book 159 (The Spool Cotton Company, 1941). (The pattern was reprinted in The Tatter's Treasure Chest, Dover Publications, 1990.)

She said she likes bright colors so I chose size 20 Lizbeth thread in color 155, "Ocean Sunset." I used a small round purple button to anchor the piece to a felt backing and then sewed on a bar pin on the back side. I'm giving it to her tomorrow and I hope she will like it as much as I enjoyed making it for her.

The earlier boutonnieres I made from this pattern are at http://shoppingmystash.blogspot.com/2013/04/off-shuttle-pink-lavender-tatted.html and http://shoppingmystash.blogspot.com/2013/04/off-shuttle-pink-lavender-tatted.html

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

I feel so bad I miss this post! I have not been on line as much and thought I checked them all this is beautiful and lots of work I love it Carolyn!