Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Off the Hook: Lattice Scarf



Just took two days of crocheting to finish this scarf. The pattern is Deborah Hedges' "Crocheted Lattice Scarf", a pattern that is one of my favorites. After row one to set up the stitches, row two is repeated until you get the length you want or you run out of yarn. The pattern is so easy I've even crocheted a scarf while riding (not driving, of course) in a car.  So it's a good pattern when you just need something mindless to work on. 

I bought the pattern leaflet in 2009 at a local yarn shop that closed a few years later. So I have no way of providing a link to pattern in this post. I checked to see if Hedges has some patterns on Ravelry; she does, but not this one. 


I used 2 skeins of Loops & Threads' "Twirl" in colorway "Clowns." The fiber is 60% polyester and 40% acrylic. Each strand has 2 colors so the tweedy, striping effect is simply the work of the yarn.