Friday, September 19, 2014

Embellished Tatting Shuttles


After playing with Mod Podge on the paper magnets last week, I decided to try using it to embellish tatting shuttles. I blinged a red Sunlit shuttle with the Mod Podge Sparkle to see if it would stick to a plastic surface. I've been tatting with the shuttle and having no problems. This week I moved on to adding decorative paper to Sunlit shuttles using origami and gift wrap papers. I haven't tatted yet with any of these so I don't know how well/long the paper will adhere with use. I put 4-5 coats of Mod Podge Gloss  on each. Will have to wait and see how successful this project was.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

I love them they are so pretty! looks like the Japaneses paper. I did some a while back an they are holding up good but I decided not to paint the edges any more because the paint wore off on sides