Saturday, July 5, 2014

Off the Shuttle: Purple & Green Handkerchief Edging

This is one of the more unusual designs in my vintage handkerchief collection. The green and purple tatted edging complements the colors on the handkerchief.



The pattern is "Eternity Rings" from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior (Lacis Publications, 2002 edition, p. 38). The pattern is done in two rounds. I finished round one, sewed it on, and started the 2nd round last year, but didn't finish it until this month. The threads are size 80. The green is DMC brand and the purple is Majestic.

2 comments:

occhitat said...

Stunning match of thread, pattern and handkerchief! Beautiful, Carolyn.

Carolyn Kotlas said...

Thank you for your kind words! What a good feeling to finally get this project out of the UFO box. I just pulled out another unfinished edging and matched it to a handkerchief. I'm trying to keep from starting a new project until I finish this one, but it's so hard ;->'
carolyn