Thursday, April 4, 2013

Off the Shuttle: Tatted Button Bracelet


Recently, I've been buying buttons that I thought might be fun to combine with tatting. I thought these little white flowers would look good with yellow thread. I didn't really have a pattern to follow. After several starts that didn't work out and much un-tatting, I started again with a trefoil edging (cribbed from Lyn Morton's Tatting Patterns, p. 43) to connect the buttons. The ends were pretty much trial and error (again, much un-tatting) till I got something that worked fairly well. I think if I were to start this project again, I might have planned it out better so the result would be more symmetrical. But I tend to be a more just-plunge-in and fix-it-later kind of gal...not necessarily a recipe for success.


The thread is Lizbeth size 20 in color 170 (Pineapple Parfait) and the buttons are Belle Buttons by Dritz, Item # BB445 ($2.95 US for a card of 4 from Joann's). The closure is a gold-tone lobster claw clasp and a gold-tone split ring (NOT the same as a split ring in tatting).

2 comments:

Nancy G said...

Very nice! Beautiful work.

gina Butler said...

Very clever design!